Why Choose The St. Austin School?
- We believe the Catholic conviction that parents are the first and most enduring educators of their children.
- We extend this family environment so that children “…may increase in wisdom, and in stature, and in favor with God and man.” (Luke 2:52)
- The school offers a classical program of primary education from the perspective of the intellectual and spiritual wealth of the Catholic Faith.
- We believe that education is primarily the work of helping form character in each child so that he or she will develop sound judgment and self-mastery.
- We seek to assist parents in passing on their religious and moral values by promoting a consistent message at school and in the social relationships of the extended school community.
- We are proud to renew the long tradition of classical education that is missing from contemporary education systems.
- We value the rich history and timeless benefits of a focus on the liberal arts; teaching our students how to learn and how to think.
- Great contributions to the liberal arts were made by many brilliant and holy saints. We humbly follow in their footsteps as we teach our students to value knowledge for its own sake and always view the world through the lenses of truth, goodness, and beauty.
- St. Austin students understand authentic freedom and the calling for each one of us to not only be good, but do good.
- Our extremely low student to teacher ratio allows our teachers to know each student’s talents and motivations.
- Your child is encouraged to develop socially, intellectually, and spiritually at his or her optimum pace.
- Emphasis is placed on the time-honored basics of religion, reading, writing, and mathematics.
- Our teachers carefully build a foundation of good study skills in a cheerful, nurturing environment to foster habits that will serve your child throughout a lifetime of learning.
“We are beyond pleased with our choice of The Saint Austin School for the education of our children. They had a smooth transition to their new school and we attribute their ease to the warm, family atmosphere and the kind and caring teachers and staff. While we highly value the rigorous educational standards of The Saint Austin School, even more we are grateful for the strong Catholic identity that is integrated in every aspect of the school day.”
Andrew and Amanda Wegrzyn
“As early as our initial visit to tour the school, we could immediately tell that there was something unique and special about the school, something that set it apart even from other Catholic schools in the area: those intangible but undeniable qualities of seeing the students holding the doors open for each other, respectfully greeting their peers and teachers, and genuinely caring for the well-being of those around them regardless of their grade level. At the St. Austin School, our children experience first-hand the love of Jesus and the beauty of their Catholic faith by the love they receive from their teachers and fellow students.”
George and Chrissy Barnidge
“Three years ago now, we moved our children from our parish school to St. Austin and we could not be happier with our decision. St. Austin provides a traditional, Catholic curriculum that you just cannot find in other schools. And although we moved initially to this small school for the academics, we have found that they teach something even more valuable: traditional Catholic values, the catechism, and just plain good manners. In this day and age, when the world is no longer safe and innocent, St. Austin provides a safe place where our children can learn and grow into healthy, confident young adults, grounded in their Catholic faith. We feel incredibly blessed that we can entrust our children to St. Austin and know that they are not only receiving the very best education but also growing in their Catholic faith.”
Carol and Ed Martin
Get to Know Us Better!
Join us for an upcoming event at The St. Austin School.
Visit us on social media for the most up-to-date happenings at The St. Austin School.