- A unique classical curriculum and pedagogy that prepares students to excel at the top high schools in St. Louis.
- Solid spiritual foundation based on traditional Catholic principles.
- Rigorous academic preparation for grades PreK – 8.
- Latin, Spanish, Art, Music, and Physical Education.
- Student/faculty ratio 9:1.
- Call for more information or to set up a private tour: 314-580-2802.
The St. Austin School firmly holds to the Catholic conviction that parents are the first and most enduring educators of their children and that families are a privileged school in which children learn Christian virtues and establish the practice of the Catholic Faith (Catechism, 2223) We endeavor to extend this family environment so that children may increase in wisdom, and in stature, and in favor with God and man. (Luke 2:52)
CLICK HERE for the School Prospectus.
1. Interview and Information Gathering
- Meet key personnel and get to know the school; provide an opportunity for the administration and teachers to get to know you and your child.
- Call the school to arrange an appointment to meet with the Director of Admissions and tour the school. During that tour you will have the opportunity to meet with the Administration Team and individual instructors (if available).
- Let the school representatives know what you are looking for in your child’s school. Ask any questions to ensure you understand what you believe the school has to offer.
- Review the Tuition Contract and be sure you understand the school’s and your responsibilities and commitments.
We want your experience to be a good one, with no surprises except good ones.
2. Complete the Application for Admission (DOWNLOAD PDF)
- After you have completed the application, submit it with the application fee as described in the Application.
3. Complete the Request for Transcripts form (DOWNLOAD PDF)
- Please send this form to your child’s current school requesting that a copy of all transcripts and test scores be sent to The St. Austin School. We need to review these records before your child can be offered admission.
4. Notification of Acceptance
- The signed Tuition Contract and the non-refundable tuition deposit are due no later than 10 calendar days after notification of acceptance by The St. Austin School, or two business days prior to beginning classes, whichever occurs first.
- If we are not able to offer a position to your child or children, your application fee will be refunded.
Priority in Admissions
Priority in admission will be given to students in the following order:
1. Current students whose parents complete the Tuition Contract, and submit it with the tuition deposit by the re-enrollment deadline (which is generally in early February). Submission of the signed contract and tuition deposit are necessary to hold your “place” in a form.
2. Siblings of current students whose parents complete the enrollment contract and submit it with the tuition deposit by the re-enrollment deadline. Submission of the signed contract and tuition deposit are necessary to hold your “place” in a form, or, if the form is full, to obtain a priority position on the “deferred candidates” list.
3. New students. The signed tuition contract and the non-refundable tuition deposit are due no later than 10 calendar days after notification of acceptance by The St. Austin School.
If we are not able to offer a position to your child or children, your application fee will be refunded. If your child is accepted, the application fee will be applied to your first tuition payment.
Tuition & Financial Aid
Tuition at The St. Austin School reflects the true cost of education for our children and was determined to ensure the school has a sound, financially sustainable future. Through the generosity of benefactors, we are able to offer financial assistance to families in need.
Details on tuition payment options are in the Tuition Contract (DOWNLOAD PDF)
While The St. Austin School, like many private schools in the area, does not provide direct per-child discounts for families with multiple children, we will happily work with each family to find a tuition solution that works for them. Please note, we now offer lower tuition for younger children (Grades PreK-4) than the tuition for our middle school (Grades 5-8).